Position: Actuary - Reinsurance
- Responsible for actuarial activities related to reinsurance ceded and assumed on fixed and variable annuity business.
- This includes developing and maintaining contacts with reinsures, structuring deals to achieve divisional goals, and ensuring proper administration of existing transactions.
- The position will work closely with existing reinsurance team members.
- Assist in the design, pricing, and implementation of reinsurance solutions for Organization Capital Management.
- Play an active role in guiding the preparation and interpretation of actuarial and financial information related to reinsurance including treaties, cessions statements, and pricing analysis of reinsurance deals.
- Provide guidance and advice regarding reinsurance structures.
- Work with ALM and Risk Management actuaries as well as accounting staff to lead execution of reinsurance strategy.
- Assist in design of creative reinsurance solutions for strategic and opportunistic business situations.
- Lead the preparation and interpretation of actuarial information for presentation to Senior Management within Organization and Corporate departments.
- Exercise significant judgment in setting priorities and determining necessary tasks.
- Supports and assists management to develop sound reinsurance related policies and procedures.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the reinsurance market, regulations, and standards of practice
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Represent the company at industry conferences, professional committees, and with regulators.
- Contribute to the conception and development of non-traditional reinsurance solutions.
- Ability to develop and negotiating reinsurance treaties with favorable terms.
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor"s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 7 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor"s, will accept Master"s in a listed discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 12 years of relevant experience.